Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Bit Bruised and Sore

Fiona and I went to Swan Hill yesterday to do some screening assessments. All was fine (only 2 of the 4 turned up for their appointments) until we were returning one of the screening kits. We were near the high school waiting to cross a road, but giving way because there was a little red car coming, coming the other way on our road was a silver car, which we are sure slowed, but he mustn't have seen the other car and went. Naturally the red car hit them and they hit the front of us, brand new work car damaged, stuck in Swan Hill, bit stunned and seat belt bruised. Police everywhere, ambulance because the girl in the back of the silver car whacked her head on the window. We thought we did really well at the time we organised a car from the Swan Hill office to drive home in, we got the damaged car towed and we bought heaps of chocolate and lollies to get us home. Turns out that we forgot a few minor things like the getting of the regos of the other cars for example and filling in the log book in the car we drove home in, we just wanted to get back.

So I thought I was ok, bruised across my chest and hips where the seat belt went and my shoulder blade is sore cause I must have hit the door pillar, but emotionally today I have been such a sook. Have come home from work early cause I have a headache, had a Dr fiasco my GP won't see me anymore because it has been so long since I visited I am now considered a new patient and they are not accepting any new patients currently (but they accepted my kids). So I went to ER to get checked over for WorkCover stuff, I reckon I had a shorter wait there than if I had got into the GP. My real breaking point is between work and home I have had 3 near misses and none of them were my fault , my nerves are shot, I don't want to get into the car for days really. Shame I have a meeting tonight and a Parent Teacher interview tomorrow, get back on the horse I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a relief that you are physically okay.

I hope that you are feeling better about it all very soon!!!